Sunday, July 28, 2013

Putting it all together
or
What's the difference between eclectic and a "hodge podge"?

Mixing patterns, textures and colors isn't that hard - but where to begin? Well - first take a look at what you already own that you like. Pick a few key pieces. What colors are you attracted to? Let's say that you have a few yellow things you like. What works with yellow you ask? - well take a look at this lovely room that features a sunny, warm palette.

Quite a few different shades of yellow here, some browns, some limes and oranges. Ah ha - it's not so very simple but it's not that hard either. When you don't have a lot of money to spend on things - choose a palette. Find a paint color or colors and stick with it! Find a picture you like and work from that.

I chose this one below - lots of lovely warm tones that create a room full of sunshine. Then I searched through my Etsy favorites by color to asssemble this collection. You can do it too! Etsy helps you do some of the hard work of searching by enabling you to search by color, style and subject. I found all the things below on Etsy - after I'd found the room picture. Go ahead! Give it a try!









http://www.etsy.com/listing/127090536/on-sale-silk-screen-brown-giant-scarf?ref=shop_home_active


















3 comments:

  1. Such fantastic finds Mickey! Love these warm and inviting colors!

    Thanks for including my Green Flower Mug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really beautiful finds here Mickey!
    Thank you so much for featuring my brown hand printed scarves, and my printed lime fabric.
    Dikla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, great collection of home furnishings. Thank you for including the Catherine Holm plate from my shop. I love the avocado green color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please visit again soon...